My MacBook Pro can't take a new system!

Reaction score
I had to erase the disk on my MacBook Pro and install Yosemite from Apple site, but after installation finished I received this message:

"OS X could not be installed on your computer.
A mismatch between the MBR and GPT partition maps is not supported with this operation. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

I restarted the machines but I got the same result. I don't understand what is this for.

I have Bootcamp installed and now I'm writing this from Windows.

May be I have to get an older version of the operating system? I don't have the CD anymore and don't know where from to get an older version.

Can anybody help?

Lee

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes! But now the damage is done and I don't know how to get a new system installed without the CD.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Which system? Try booting up holding the Opt key & see what is listed there … is there a Recovery Partition ?

Reaction score
Mac partition has gone! When I press alt only Windows petition appears. But that's again for a couple of times only. When I tried something with the partitions from within Windows it stopped working too. The computer went blind!

Thank you however. I'm typing this now from Apple Store. They are taking care of it and will be done in minutes.

Thanks!

Ask a Question