My Mac Mini Is Beeping At Me

Reaction score
It started after a power outage so I suspected the backup battery/surge suppressor. But it is actually coming from the desktop mac mini. From what I've read, it may be an app trying to tell me there is a problem, but I can't figure out which one.

The beeps seem random. The computer seems to be working just fine, so right now the beeps just seem like an annoyance. But I am sure something is wrong somewhere.

The disk utility app says I am nowhere near any limitations, but the mac HAS been operating a bit slower lately. I have shut it off and restarted of course.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
You got me in the right direction! Checking questions about RAM lead my to my acitivity monitor which showed that "V Shield" was eating 50 GB of memory. Learned that V Shield was my Macfee AV program. Internet search found that Macafee sometimes goes wrong like that. so uninstalled it. Computer hasn't beeped since. Now I'll reinstall it and see what happens.

Later...

Ask a Question