My Mac is too secure

Reaction score
I have an IMac 27' Late 2013 OSX 10.11.3. I've put up with passwords too long. I need no PW to log on, but everything else requires a PW - install or delete a file, download some files, and even to get on my home network. My Windows machines require a PW to log on - thats it! There are only 2 of us that use the machines, we are both over 65 and retired. How do I stop this password krap every time i do anything?

Thanx
Ski

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Your Mac is probably set to automatically login, so that's why your password isn't requested. It is the same password that you enter when you install something. There isn't any way to disable the password prompts for your Mac. You can disable all security on your home network so you don't need a password to join it, but that is not recommended.

Where are you downloading files from that needs a password?

C

Reaction score
Thanx for the reply. Maybe not so much in D/L, there has been 1 or 2 that asked for a PW before D/L. All my machines stay on 24/7. When I go to any one of the Win boxes to access one of the other machines, including the Mac - no problem - connect & go. Almost every time I want to access one of the Win machines from the Mac, it requires name & PW. It defaults to the network SSID for the name, which is wrong, and has a blank PW. I check the PW Key box every time, doesn't seem to do anything. At my age, I get a train of thought and by the time I type in the name & PW, I've forgotten what I set out to do.

Guess I'm stuck with it. Thanx again.
Ski

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries....sorry there wasn't a better solution for you. Feel free to ask any additional questions you may have.

C

Ask a Question