My local network is down (never happened before)

Reaction score
I've 3 units...one running Panther...another running Tiger...latest one on Snow Leopard (which is my main 'puter).

Everything was fine & dandy yesterday but today I can't access any unit from the other. I've pinged my wired router & it was ok.

Some of the messages I get are
“There was a problem connecting to the server ‘Computer Name’. The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and try again.” or
"Connection failed
The server "xxx/xxx/x/xxx" may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again." or
Using ftp, I get "You entered an invalid username or password. Please try again."

afp nogood, ftp nogood. Can somebody please help????

Snow Leopard is on a Mac Mini; Tiger, ditto; Panther is on a MDD G4.

I just tried logging out & back in on all 3 but it didn't help.

Dunno what the heck to do.

Last edited:

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
did you try hard resetting the router? turn it off at the power point for 30 seconds then turn it back on again, might also be worth a try to turn all computers off until the router is back up and running ...

Reaction score
did you try hard resetting the router? turn it off at the power point for 30 seconds then turn it back on again, might also be worth a try to turn all computers off until the router is back up and running ...

Yeah, forgot to mention it...did that, too...didn't help, either

Ask a Question