Music App - playlist import error

Reaction score
Latest Big Sur on both my MacBook Air and iMac 4k.

MY MacBook Air has the latest Music and synced with my iPhone.

I want to get my Mac 4k Music up to date with the MacBook Air. I exported both the library and playlist on the MacBook Air so I can import to the Imac4K.

When I import the playlist, the error says "some songs in the .txt were not imported because they could not be found". So I opened up the playlist.txt file with TextEdit. The path to the files has a different hard drive name. For example ABC/Users/Me/...... but should e XYZ/Users/Me/.....

So I replaced al instances of ABC with XYZ (ie, the correct path). Also verified that each song is in fact located in corrected path.

Tried again to import the playlist and still get the same error?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 12.07.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 12.07.51 PM.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 43

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Normally, it is easiest to simply copy the entire ~/Music/Music folder from one Mac to the other. That will copy all song filed and playlists intact.

Check your settings in the Music application to ensure that Keep Music Media folder organized and Copy files to Music Media folder when adding to library are checked, as if the files aren't in that folder, you can get an error that they cannot be found.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory

first thing I did ws copy over the music folder, then checked the preferences for correct path.

Are you saying just create new playlist(s) OR still import the library and playlist(s)?

thankx
Ron

Reaction score
awesome Cory. Went back and just imported music and created a playlist. No need to import a library and playlist. thanks

Ask a Question