SOLVED MS Word in OS 10.13 install disc?

Reaction score
I have an OS 10.13 Repair/Install/Reinstall disc that I purchased online from a company in western New York. Would there normally be a version of MS Word in such a disc? If so, can I install MS Word without installing anything else from the disc? If so, how?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Unfortunately, no. Apple hasn't distributed OS X/macOS on disc since OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. There was a version of OS X 10.7 Lion on an Apple-branded USB flash drive that came with some MacBook Air models. All other versions from 10.7 to the present have been free downloads via the App Store in OS X/macOS.

The disc you purchased is technically an illegally distributed copy of macOS 10.13 High Sierra. In addition, Apple has never included fully licensed Microsoft Office products on any of their install media. Microsoft Office is a separate purchase via a retail box, or an online purchase though the Microsoft Store and/or other authorized Microsoft retailers.

Sorry,

C

Ask a Question