MS Hotmail

Reaction score
Don't know if this is/not the proper place to ask this question. I use MS Hotmail (live) for most of my email.. as a junk address to keep from getting spammed by.. name the reason.

Up until two days ago.. all was working fine on my iMac with the latest upgrades.. OS 10.9.1 and Safari 7.0.1.. Hotmail quit working for me. When I try to log in it starts to load and quits. If I leave the address up, I get to a, for lack of proper terms, a template or skeleton. I see all my Hotmail folders and that I have 3 or so messages. But I can't open anything. One of my wife's friends has the same problem but don't know what her computer is.

I know Hotmail is working as I can get my messages on my iPad and iPhone.

Any help appreciated.. I'm an old guy with some understanding.. but, certainly far from a geek. Hopefully, you can help explain what to do and how to go about it to get restored as I have a lot of good stuff stored in folders.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi,

Also repair permissions by doing the following.

1) Open your Applications folder that is on the right hand side of the dock.
2) Look for and open the blue utilities folder.
3) Now open the application called disk utility as in my screen shot.
4) In the left hand window click you Mac`s hard drive as my second screen shot.
5) Choose the First Aid box at the top and click the box called repair disk permissions as in my third screen shot.

When it has finished yiou will be presented with a list, clear this and run it again.
6) When the second run finished close the software and try Safari and MS Hotmail again.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 349
  • 2.png
    2.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 3.png
    3.png
    152 KB · Views: 353

Ask a Question