Moving "X amount" at a time. Then moving "X amount" some more.

Reaction score
Hello,
I have 17,000+ images (from a partitioned HD) that I want to move into my Photo's library. I want to Automate this. Can somebody outline the steps? I need to do them in batches. Like 300 at a time. Would this be a pause?
I realize there is "Import Files into Photos" in my Library. But AGAIN, I need to do 300 at a time.
Suggestions?

I'm using:
Automator: Version 2.7 (428)
Photos: Version 2.0

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not very experienced with Automator/AppleScript. Maybe the folks over at MacScripter could help out.

Definitely make sure you have enough free space available, as that quantity of photos can take up a lot of space. Also, we strongly recommend having a current Time Machine or other backup of your data at all times.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not very experienced with Automator/AppleScript. Maybe the folks over at MacScripter could help out.

Definitely make sure you have enough free space available, as that quantity of photos can take up a lot of space. Also, we strongly recommend having a current Time Machine or other backup of your data at all times.

C

Thanks! Forums and information about Automator is not a hot topic.. I dunno why, it's a powerful program!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Agreed...it is VERY powerful. I have just not taken the time to delve into it at all...I probably should. ;)

C

Ask a Question