Mouse Pointer On Start-Up/Sign In Screen

Reaction score
I am going to assume I am posting this in the correct forum. I use Logitech Mice with both of my Macs, and I have a minor issue with the size of the mouse pointer on the screen. (I am running the latest version of Sierra, OS 10.12.5, have the latest Logitech Drivers, and I do disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs both daily and weekly). This is an issue when I first boot up either machine, and I get the sign-on/login screen. The mouse pinter is rather small (especially on my 13" MacBook Air), but after I enter my login password, and subsequently get to the desktop, the mouse pointer is larger, based on this:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25507?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

That is true on both of my machines. (I have the option "Shake mouse pointer locate" checked, but that does not help in many instances).

How can I adjust the size of the pointer on startup?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
honestone,

I believe you will see the pointer at its default size during startup and at the login screen. The Cursor Size setting in System Preferences > Accessibility is a per-user adjustment, and only applies after login.

C

Ask a Question