mouse freeze on G4

Reaction score
My mouse keeps freezing, usually shortly after first powering up, so i have to hold in the power button to restart the machine, it normally works fine after the first stop & restart.
Yesterday however it did it about 4 times, i managed to get to the point where i was connected to the net on each occasion before it froze & restart was required.
Machine is a mirror front G4 running OSX 10.5, recently upgraded from 10.4
Any thoughts anyone

Reaction score
I believe this could be software/browser related.
I have been using Firefox without issue for a few years, but they stopped supporting older Mac OSX sometime last year, they must assume everyone just buys a new machine when one comes out, i'm on OSX10.5.
Anyway, i've been getting messages saying i'm using an out of date version of Firefox & should upgrade, but i can't upgrade unless i have a bang upto date OSX, is it 10.8 now.
My mouse issues with hindsight have coincided with this Firefox update.
So this week i have reverted to using Safari, & upto now no mouse problems.
Can anyone tell me if i can get a version of Firefox that will still work right, or any other browser suggestions, I don't think Google Chrome is supported on my version of OSX. Is there a Safari update i should download.

Reaction score
Revisiting this, the problem quickly returned so is not software related, i've just been muddling through for the last month, i'm looking into the hardware again now.
It could be a dodgy mouse or cable, mouse goes into keyboard so could be glitch there aswell.
So my question would be, do i need to get specifically the same keyboard/mouse combo as i currently have or can i use anything from the apple range, my current OSX is 10.5 does the hardware need to be compatible with that OS.
Insights please before i buy the wrong keyboard & mouse.
thanks

Ask a Question