Mountain Lion built-in midi?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a musician and rely heavily on midis. Before upgrading to Mountain Lion, I had no trouble listening to midis in Safari. I would click on the link and the midi would play, and I would download it if it was the one I wanted. Once I upgraded, all it does is download the midi without letting me listen to it. I saw on the Apple forums https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0 that Mountain Lion actually disabled this. Is there any way around it? Or anything I can download to let me play the midis in my browser?
Thanks so much in advance.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

It seems everyone is having the same issue. Something has changed in Mountain Lion that prevents browsers from accessing the proper components of QuickTime to allow playing of MIDI files in a browser.

I don't know of any fix yet, but I am sure someone will find a work-around or Apple will correct this, as a lot of college students that study music need this functionality.

C

Ask a Question