SOLVED Monterey

Reaction score
Downloaded Monterey & after restarting, the black screen gives the message "less than a minute remaining" for the last 20 minutes...restarted again manually with the same thing happening...the progress bar moved about a third of the way than stopped. Hoping someone can help me...

Reaction score
Please provide, at the very least, your Mac Model Identifier. Go to  –> About This Mac. When the window comes up, click on System Report… The new window will open with Hardware selected. Make a note of your Model Identifier. For example my model identifier is Macmini8,1.

It looks like you had an aborted macOS installation. You will need to restart into Recovery (cmd-R) and choose to (re)install macOS. It can be helpful to run a First Aid on your drive from Disk Utility before doing the installation.

Reaction score
Please provide, at the very least, your Mac Model Identifier. Go to  –> About This Mac. When the window comes up, click on System Report… The new window will open with Hardware selected. Make a note of your Model Identifier. For example my model identifier is Macmini8,1.

It looks like you had an aborted macOS installation. You will need to restart into Recovery (cmd-R) and choose to (re)install macOS. It can be helpful to run a First Aid on your drive from Disk Utility before doing the installation.
thannk you!

Ask a Question