SOLVED Monterey OS. Unable to WI FI print docs

Reaction score
Since updating from Catalina to Monterey I am unable to print documents.
I avoided Big Sur ( I know the printer is ok as I have no problem with using
an IPad Air so printer is OK. When I try to print on the MB I get the following
prompt:- The Printer has been paused.
Do you want to resume printing
Resume
Add to printer
Cancel
I selected Resume but nothing changes. I suspect there is a prompt on the
MacBook that need to be “ tweaked “ Please help

Reaction score
Since updating from Catalina to Monterey I am unable to print documents.
I avoided Big Sur ( I know the printer is ok as I have no problem with using
an IPad Air so printer is OK. When I try to print on the MB I get the following
prompt:- The Printer has been paused.
Do you want to resume printing
Resume
Add to printer
Cancel
I selected Resume but nothing changes. I suspect there is a prompt on the
MacBook that need to be “ tweaked “ Please help
The first thing I would try is to delete the printer in System Preferences and then reload it. Updated printer drivers come with macOS so System Preferences should be able to reinstall it routinely. If the reinstall fails then the software for your printer must not be in Apple’s database. You will need to download the drivers from the manufacturer. I find that Apple’s versions are usually more up-to-date than the versions available from the printer manufacturer.

I suspect that the problem has to do with your Mac installation because your iOS device is able to print to it.

Reaction score
Hi Tony,
Thanks very much for your input; I have now sorted it. You were right, the printer I am using is very old but very reliable; to get a print out I had to select “ Photosmart 5520 series 2” as apposed to just 5520 series 2
not added. This was purity by accident that I cam across this. Many thanks Tony for going out your way to help

Reaction score
Hi Tony,
Thanks very much for your input; I have now sorted it. You were right, the printer I am using is very old but very reliable; to get a print out I had to select “ Photosmart 5520 series 2” as apposed to just 5520 series 2
not added. This was purity by accident that I cam across this. Many thanks Tony for going out your way to help
Always glad to be of help. These problems can get pesky at times. Deleting and reinstalling printers have almost become a routine for me. I have a multi-function printer and use it quite a bit for scanning. That’s where Image Capture and my Brother printer butt heads fairly often.

Ask a Question