Monterey mail disappears when I put it in folders within mail.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have added Folders with in mail for sorting some priority emails that I want to keep permanently.

not what I am used to under High Sierra.

been though the the preferences.. don't know what to set thing to, as Monterey is so different.

regards

Sandy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 12.02.59pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 12.02.59pm.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 12.05.46pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 12.05.46pm.png
    506.6 KB · Views: 11

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • Can you explain a bit further?
  • Where is it disappearing from?
  • If you make a folder in the On My Mac section, and move the email from your Inbox, you will only have access to it on your Mac, not on any other devices using your email account(s).
C

Reaction score
One thing to look for is to see if the new folders are "On iCloud" or "On My Mac" or on other accounts.

Reaction score
Hi, I made folders 'on my Mac' to sort my mail into. but when I put the mail (drag & drop) into the folders, it disappears. (I don't use iCloud.. hate it, and too confusing I can't get my head around)

most mail I delete, but some mail from a fellow genealogical researcher and other documents I want to keep permanently, (such as Gun club docs, which are essential to keep for as long as my license is active renewed every 5 years in Australia. etc)

also the PayPal recite fro my eBay purchases, etc.

will try and make these folders again.

regards, Sandy

Ask a Question