Menu Bar: Any Way To Make Bigger ?

Reaction score
Hello,

Eyesight isn't what it used to be. Running Sonoma.

I know the bar on the bottom is called the Dock.
Not sure what the upper Bar is called. (Menu Bar ?)

But, for the Upper Bar, is there any way to make it bigger ?
Something like the Dock's size, perhaps ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

You cannot make the menubar bigger unless you change the resolution of your display.

You may however want to take a look at an app called Bartender (www.macbartender.com). It lets you customize the menubar so that it may be easier for you to use.

Reaction score
As MacsBug says above you can increase the size of everything (with a subsequent loss of space and definition) by changing the resolution of the screen.

I do this as a matter of course with all my Macs now.

Go to System Settings > Displays you will see something like the below screen shot;

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 12.49.37.png

Note the "Default" resolution and the one I use highlighted to the left of it. I'm 72 now and I find that setting to be perfect for me on a 14" MBP. You may also find Dark Mode to be clearer with white text on a black background. As you can see it's what I prefer but maybe not for you. You will find that setting in System Settings > Appearance. There are three settings Light, Dark, and Auto which will change from light to dark depending on your environmental lighting.

Ask a Question