SOLVED Media & Quality selector disappeared from Print dialogue form

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a (c. 2015) macbook pro running Catalina, and a Canon Mg5700 printer.

At some point (didn't notice when) it seems that the Media & Quality selector box (e.g. for printing in black & white) disappeared. Any ideas as to what might have happened/a fix?

Thanks.

Chris

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,
  • I assume you have the latest Canon driver installed?
  • Can you upload a screenshot of the print dialog box?
C

Reaction score
Have downloaded the latest Canon printer driver.

Here is the print dialogue box.
1645542883938.png

I don’t recall exactly what’s changed but am pretty sure there used to be a ‘Print in grayscale’
, or similar, box some time ago.

Best Regards,

Chris

Reaction score
Have downloaded the latest Canon printer driver.

Here is the print dialogue box.
View attachment 4230

I don’t recall exactly what’s changed but am pretty sure there used to be a ‘Print in grayscale’
, or similar, box some time ago.

Best Regards,

Chris
Looks like you are printing from Pages. Can you try to print from another app, like Safari or Preview, for example. The print interface varies from app to app.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

What happens if you click Pages - you should get a drop-down that gives more option including color/grayscale:

1645542883938.png

Reaction score
OK. Thanks for the responses. In fact, in the meantime, I had cottoned on to the fact it was a Pages thing (which I may have forgotten).
Sorry for wasting your time.

Chris

Reaction score
OK. Thanks for the responses. In fact, in the meantime, I had cottoned on to the fact it was a Pages thing (which I may have forgotten).
Sorry for wasting your time.

Chris
That’s what this forum is all about. Anyway, one quick way to get to the print settings you are looking for is to pull down the PDF button (lower left of Print window) and select Open in Preview. From Preview, you can print with the complete settings you need. You can then quit Preview without saving the file, if you don’t need it.

You can actually elect to save the Pages document as PDF, but that would be a few more steps compared to opening it in Preview if all you need is to get a quick printout.

Reaction score
Click the dropdown that contains Pages
Print-Grey-Scale-1.png

Select the Color/Quality item

Print-Grey-Scale-2.png

Check to Print Color as Gray checkbox

Print-Grey-Scale-3.png

Ask a Question