Marlene r

Reaction score
new to Mac Help, but have posted one time previously. A constant Mac user since 1985. Use computer mainly for genealogy and facebook including several interest groups. Have a recent problem with pop-up Mac informational boxes continously.. can't do what I want to do, i.e. keep scrolling down a page-- until I click off the box. An example of two of the boxes that keep appearing are: one box reads:
Reload Page, Open in Download, Save page as, Print Page.
another example:
up, down, Previous item, Go TO Page,Back, Forward
It has to be a Mac problem.. have searched various Mac preferences, but as yet, without success in locating where these info boxes originate. Have also searched preferences for various software. Appreciate all the help I can get.
Marlene

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi and welcome (again). ;)

Sounds like you are getting contextual menus popping up. They popup when you either Option-click or have your mouse set for a secondary click on one of the buttons.

Which model Mac, which version of OS X, and which mouse are you using?

C

Reaction score
new to Mac Help, but have posted one time previously. A constant Mac user since 1985. Use computer mainly for genealogy and facebook including several interest groups. Have a recent problem with pop-up Mac informational boxes continously.. can't do what I want to do, i.e. keep scrolling down a page-- until I click off the box. An example of two of the boxes that keep appearing are: one box reads:
Reload Page, Open in Download, Save page as, Print Page.
another example:
up, down, Previous item, Go TO Page,Back, Forward
It has to be a Mac problem.. have searched various Mac preferences, but as yet, without success in locating where these info boxes originate. Have also searched preferences for various software. Appreciate all the help I can get.
Marlene

Cory Cooper asked which model Mac I have: MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz intel core i7
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 running 10.7.5 using track pad --no usb mouse

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info.

When using the trackpad, when you tap with two fingers, it brings up the contextual menu. I believe you can change that behavior in System Preferences > Trackpad > Point & Click > Secondary click. Uncheck the above and see if it corrects the issue for you.

C

Ask a Question