Making a calender in Iphoto

Reaction score
Hi. I am new to this forum. I have a question I hope someone 'creative' can answer?
i made a photo calendar - which included family photos, birthdays etc - in I photo in 2012.
I want to make the same for 2013, but cant figure out a way of transferring all the info/pics etc from the 2012 calendar over to 2013 - without losing the images on the 2012 version. Any suggestions? Would appreciate any advice! Many thanks

Reaction score
Just change the dates.

Select the Calendar, show Options, press Calendar Setting, change the dates.

Reaction score
Hi Kaveman. I tried that, but changing the dates deletes all the photo's on the previous years dates...

Reaction score
Not sure what version you're using but on '11 you can change the year and months and it just changes the calendar part not the photos nor format.

Reaction score
Thats what I thought, but when I did that it only retained the photos on the 'top' page, but not the individual pictures and birthdays etc. on the by the actual month page...

Reaction score
oh, sorry you mean the graphics on a particular date.

No, iPhoto doesn't have a "calendar" as such it just imports information from iCal and lays out the days of a year in the form of a printable calendar. It doesn't store your data like notes/graphics in a calendar, that can be used as recurring items.

Reaction score
Ah ok. I was hoping it would.... Oh well, never mind. Back to the drawing board!
Thanks anyway....

Reaction score
How I would do this:
Make an iCal Calendar with all the days that will have a repeating entry, give the entry a name that will match the iPhoto photo. Or the Comment you wish to include.

Keyword all those Photos in iPhoto with a unique keyword so you can quickly get them into the Calendar Project.

Step though the Calendar looking for those entries and drag and drop the right photo.

Ask a Question