Mail

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using mail 9.3 and it's working fine, however, I do have a slight problem. My ageing eyes are finding it difficult to read email headings and the first couple of lines of the email on the screen. When I open emails, I can increase the size with command/shift/+ no problem but I can't make the unopened emails any bigger. Any ideas?

2014 Mac mini i5, El Capitan 10.11.6

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Have you tried changing the default size of fonts in Mail > Preferences... > Fonts & Colors?

C

Reaction score
I've tried that and it just stayed the same. The message list font select tab is faint unlike the other 2 selections and is un-clickable.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If you check the box next to Mail > Preferences... > Viewing > Use classic layout, you will be able to change the message font size, but it will revert if you then uncheck it and return to the "new" layout.

C

Reaction score
That worked a treat, thanks. Now I've got a dilemma. I can see everything great but I've got used to the 'new' style now. What to do? Time to ponder me thinks.

Thanks again.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...glad it worked.

Classic layout is actually the original view in Mail, which I believe was changed in Yosemite to the view you were using previously.

C

Ask a Question