Mail transfer.. mbox files not valid

Reaction score
I have done my first transfer to another computer via FireWire. Transferring mailboxes from Tiger to Leopard, both PowerPC.
Connected the computers ok, then dragged one mailbox ( the extra ones set up at the side) onto the 10.5 disc icon on the desktop , didn't think to open the icon but the mailbox gave the spring sound as it went onto it .
Then realised i could just transfer the whole folder of mailboxes which worked out fine and by then i had opened the disk icon.
However the first( individually moved) mailbox went missing, i was able to locate it on the target computer and import it but when i transferred it in the first place it removed itself from the mail screen on the host computer (10.4) and didn't leave a copy. For now i want both computers to be the same so i reversed the FireWire set up and put the mailbox back onto the HD of 10.4 however no matter what i can't import it back into the mail programme.
It can be located but when i choose for it to be imported it comes up as no valid mac files found.
I have also tried moving it with a flash drive but same result.
The folder is sitting on the desktop and each message opens normally in the form of the original email but mail sees it all as invalid.
I have emailed each message back to myself and re done the mailbox.
Why has this happened, did things change in the mailbox due to different versions during the move from 10.5 back to 10.4?
Sorry for such a long message but it needed explaining.
When i transferred the whole folder of mailboxes they didn't delete from the (10.4) mail programme like the first one did.
Thanks for your patience.

Ask a Question