Mail - Font Colors

Reaction score
Minor annoyance -- I'm using Mountain Lion and Apple Mail. I know where to change fonts and colors for the text in outgoing messages, but the color change doesn't happen -- the default black stays even when I change the color to blue.

Am I missing something, or is this just a bug in the app?

Thanx.

Reaction score
The colour of the Text in Plain Text emails is determined by the recipients email App, not you as the sender.

If you want to send emails with different coloured text Format > Make Rich Text. You can also set this as a Preference.

Note some email Apps are set to strip non plain text emails.

Reaction score
Thanx for the reply... I checked my setup, and it's set to Rich Text...and I made sure that the Message font and color were what I wanted. The font is correct, but the color, on my screen, is still black.

I had this same thing happen when I was using Snow Leopard...so it must be me.

Reaction score
I've been able to do that -- highlight text and change the color, but I can't seem to change the default color...annoying.

Reaction score
Ah, so MACs are not perfect...this is what I thought I could do to change the default color...(attached).

Attachments

• Texts - Fonts and Colors.pdf
    302.9 KB · Views: 205
Reaction score
Okay, that makes sense...sorry to have been so confused...I think my "period of adjustment" with MACs is going to go on for a while...

Thank you for being so helpful!! You're very patient.:)

Reaction score
No worries, took me well over 3months to make the transition. And things were simpler back then.

Every update and new version adds and changes stuff.

And Windows really does mess with your mind, especially when it comes to exploring and learning new ways.

Ask a Question