Macbook suddenly working at full speed again after 2 years of slowness?!

Reaction score
About a year after I got my 2011 MBP, it started slowing down. With 5+ not particularly demanding programmes running, it could grind to a halt at times.

I took it to a Mac store several times and they never solved the problem. Hardware was all fine, they usually blamed it on some piece of software or another and did a clean install. Once I got a few programmes running, it was clear nothing had changed.

So just now, I let the battery run down to nothing. It didn't do its normal pre-emptive shutdown - the power just suddenly cut off, like if you switched a desktop off at the mains.

I switch it back on and....lo and behold...its back to full speed! What. The. F***.

Does anyone have any idea what my problem might have been, and why a total power outage has somehow fixed it?
I dont want to put the thing even on sleep in case the super speed goes away o_Oo_O

Reaction score
Hi,

Can't say why this happened, but I run my MacBooks down to 10% once a month then fully charge as this keeps the batteries working IE little cells rush around thus good health.

Ask a Question