Macbook Pro retina 2012 new display camera issue

Reaction score
HI,

My Macbook pro mid 2012 display died on me. I replaced the display and now my lap top gets very loud fans and extremely slow from the start. The problems go away when I unplug the camera cable (its the cable that tied together with three small wifi/blutooth etc.. cables by the left fan).When I do that, everything goes back to normal.So I wanna see if there is anything I can do before I try to return display assembly. Did anyone run into similar issue?? The camera on new display actually works, its just gives me hard time. My thermal sensors start going crazy. Maybe thats why OS starts performing very slow. Fan control software doesn't work either. It says that something wrong with sensors too. When I plug the old display back in everything seems to be working well too (Well besides screen itself, thats why I got new one)..Any feedback guys?

Also, could this be OS issue? In other words could the camera be a newer model that requires newer OS and bunch of updates??

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2693.JPG
    IMG_2693.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 403

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, this is not a user-serviceable part. The Mac can be damaged if the proper anti-static repair environment is not used.

That said: it could be a bad display/camera, all the cabling isn't properly seated, or anti-static damage has occurred.

C

Ask a Question