Macbook Pro ... pain never ends

Reaction score
Hi there friends,

I hope everything is fine with you all.

Sorry to bother you on your holiday. I would like to know if you would be able to help me with the issue of my Macbook. I took my notebook to the Apple authorised store in Curitiba - Brazil, and after the diagnosis they made a proposal to exchange several pieces. The problem is that I don't want to replace anything, I just want them to replace the graphics controller, this repair is free and covered by Apple's worldwide recall program. They may even be right about the HD hard disk replacement, but I don't want to make it, because on that hard disk there is a lot of information and works. Even if the HD is defective I want it with me.

What I think is that they want to marry the sale of parts to the repair of the free part. They say they're waiting for Apple's permission to do this work. It also happens that this Apple recall program ends on 12/31/2016, so it looks like they are delaying the permission so I have no way out. So could you please contact anyone from the American Apple who can help pressing their authorised reseller/service provider? I know that this is terrible to ask, but I really cannot buy another Macbook now and this notebook is very precious for my work.

I believe that any person from Apple America who contacts their authorised stores and services here will be able to impose to the latter the rules from above. Some people in Apple staff here believe that Apple is a right of a few and act arrogantly to ensure that they will earn something more than what´s actually fair.

Data: Service order: 43075 - Macbook pro S/N: C02F9B47DF92
OMNI INFORMÁTICA LTDA
Phone: (41) 3888-7679
Site: www.omniinformatica.com.br / Email: (e-mail address removed)

Thank you all very much! Have a great new year of 2017 filled with love, peace, health and many accomplishments.

Leonardo Martins

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Unfortunately, there isn't any way for us to contact Apple regarding your issue. If you have taken the unit in before the deadline, and it qualifies for the Repair Extension Program, it should still be covered after the program ends. The program covers the replacement of the logic board, which contains the graphics controller. If the hard drive is failing, then Apple would replace it as well...not sure if they would make an exception.

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner, and couldn't be of more help.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

Thanks, no problem. Yes, I spent those days in contact with Apple America and Apple Brazil, as you stated. I took Apple authorized before the deadline, the macbook is still there. I must pay for the hard disk swap. I thank you again for your clarification and support.

I wish you a happy year 2017, full of achievements and success.

Leo

Reaction score
No worries...

Hopefully it will be resolved to your satisfaction.

Have a blessed 2017,

C
Thanks Cory! ... for sure ... I'm praying that everything works, even if I don't agree to deliver my old HD to Apple. But if that's the only solution, it's going to have to be this way.
Can you tell me if there is any way for them to transfer the personal files to the new HD?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No, Apple will not transfer any files unfortunately. That is why they always recommend some form of Time Machine or other backup. Since you are paying for the hard drive replacement, you should have the option of keeping the old one...are they not giving you that?

C

Reaction score
No, Apple will not transfer any files unfortunately. That is why they always recommend some form of Time Machine or other backup. Since you are paying for the hard drive replacement, you should have the option of keeping the old one...are they not giving you that?

C

They not commented anything about this fact. Thanks for the tip. I'll talk to them!

Reaction score
Good news!

Unexpectedly yesterday tonight I received a message from the authorized Apple store, saying that my macbbok is now ready to be returned, they did just what I asked for, they switched the controller logic board. They just removed the battery so there was no damage. They didn't move (remove) the HD, and left it there. I will not have to pay anything. I'll just have to buy a new battery somewhere else cheaper.

Wow... really a miracle here!!! :)

What an auspicious and happy news to begin the year 2017 ! I want to thank you immensely for your support.

Thank you very much Cory! Thanks Mac Help!

Leo

Ask a Question