Macbook Pro laptop acting like mouse was moved while in Fullscreen mode??

Reaction score
Hello all, it has been a Long time since i posted anything here, but I have a confusing issue with my 2016 Macbook Pro laptop in that it is acting strange while trying to watch videos in fullscreen....
IF you are watching a fullscreen video on the computer, it will generally have a bar or something, as well as showing the cursor on the screen, and if you do not touch anything these will disappear, so you can see the full screen to watch your video. If you move the mouse, or touch a key, this will come back onto the screen, in the middle of the video, showing that you did something. When this happens you can usually see not only the bar / controls window on the screen, but also the cursor will pop up too, showing that you moved the mouse.
What is happening, on my player in fullscreen, and on internet video sites in fullscreen (YouTube), is that the bar / controls are popping up, as if the mouse was moved, but there is no cursor showing the mouse movement. This means it is the laptop doing it, or some kind of bug in the OS, and I was curious if anyone else had seen this on their Mac in Catalina?? The computer thinks the mouse was moved, or is doing what the normal response to moving the mouse would be, without the mouse moving?? Please explain thsi to me, and offer a fix, if possible.
Thanks in advance!!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

That is a curious issue for sure. Maybe it has to do with application activity in the background - Mail, Messages, Notifications, etc.?

C

Reaction score
I cannot say honestly, but I have checked under Apple icon at top left > Force Quit, and there is nothing else running, at least nothing showing as running. Just Finder & Player / Browser....
This same thing also happens whenever I open a media player to watch a saved video file in fullscreen as well!!

Reaction score

Ask a Question