MacBook Pro 2018 not charging

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro purchased in 2019 just suddenly stopped charging. I purchased a new plug but That wasn’t the issue. I am living in Belize (MacBook purchased in Canada before moving here a year ago) and there is nowhere in the country that services Apple products. Is there anything I can do on my own to self diagnose to get it up and running again. Was in the middle of writing a book and everything is on there. Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The SMC reset can be done, as it is performed when the Mac is off. Does the MagSafe adapter show green/orange light at all?

You can also try holding the power button for ten seconds to see if it will power on.

C

Reaction score
And reset did not work. I don’t have an adapter. I believe the excessive heat we were undergoing here in Belize was detrimental to the battery. So I will send it to Canada for another battery. Thank you for your help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

By MagSafe adapter, I just meant the regular charging cable...but I forgot that model has a USB-C connection - my bad.

Hope it's just the battery...keep us in the loop.

Stay healthy and safe.

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

By MagSafe adapter, I just meant the regular charging cable...but I forgot that model has a USB-C connection - my bad.

Hope it's just the battery...keep us in the loop.

Stay healthy and safe.

C

My family has only used Macs since the late 80s, and one of the things I loved most about my Macs was the MagSafe adapter.

I now have a 2018 MacAir with the USB-C connection and it was a problem from the start. The day I received my it, I tripped over the USB-C charging cable. The cable remained in the port and bent the female piece to a 90% angle. As I live in Southern Ecuador, it wasn't an easy task getting it repaired and sent back, but this time, I have a MagJet adapter, and I no longer worry about the USB-C adapter issue.

Ask a Question