MacBook Air won't let me take screenshots

Reaction score
Have had my mac book air since May and not had a problem, always used Shift cmd and 3 for screen shots, when to take one last night and nothing is happening, I have not updated my machine or anything, and the buttons are working any help would be appreciated

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
do any of the other screenshot key commands work? have you tested an other user account, rebooted or used disc utility to repair permissions?

try this:

System Prefs ~> Keyboard & Mouse ~> Keyboard shortcuts ~> Restore to Default.

Reaction score
Thank you under have tried this System Prefs ~> Keyboard & Mouse ~> Keyboard shortcuts ~> Restore to Default. but won't let me default

Reaction score
Hi,

I have not updated my machine or anything
Firstly I would fully update as it is the best and protective way to run OS X.
Secondly I would follow SD's advice and repair permissions, you may have to run it two or three times. Please post back results.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Do a "Get Info" on your Desktop & make sure you have Read & Write privileges in the "Sharing & Permissions" section at the bottom

Reaction score
Thank you guys and girls ended up phoning apple and seems the button was sticking, but thank you all so much for your help

Ask a Question