Macbook Air Webcam Changes Lighting...

Reaction score
So I have been obsessed with going on Omegle lately (different story completely, so it is irrelevant to go into any more detail), and I have noticed that sometimes I look amazing on my Macbook's webcam, and other times not so much. What is wrong? It seems that when I look the worst, too much light is always shining directly at my face (intense lighting often makes you look less attractive, to begin with, soooo yea), but the intensity of the light alters for unknown reasons.

Whenever I use the webcam, I ALWAYS TURN ON ALL OF THE LIGHTS in the room that I am in, and turn up the Mac's brightness to its full extent. Yet, I still cannot explain why the perceived lighting shining on my face changes in intensity, sometimes being perfect, sometimes being too weak, and sometimes being far too intense (thus making me look hideous).

In short, I do not alter anything regarding the cam, yet the lighting on my face and my perceived appearance on the camera varies, sometimes very drastically even.

Can any of you explain how I can fix this issue, and/or simply make myself always appear the best on camera (as I have been able to achieve sometimes)? Thanks in advance!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

My guess would be that the lighting changes due to what is on the screen reflecting off of your face. More white = brighter,

The built-in iSight camera in your MBA isn't designed to be used without ambient lighting (lights off) in the room. The more light, the better the image - sharper edges, less noise, more accurate colors.

C

Ask a Question