MacBook Air 2017 suddenly bricked?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my Air for about 3 years now and I’ve never had a problem with it. It was running the latest OS .4 version and I decided to update it yesterday to the .6 (sorry I can’t provide specifics). I hit update and my computer shut off and since hasn’t turned back on. It makes a faint buzzing sound near the charging port when I hit the power button like something is trying to engage, but I get nothing-no lights, just black screen though it does light up as if it’s charging. I called Apple and their best advice after trouble shooting is to take it to the Genius Bar but COVID has all the apple stores closed in my state so that’s not even an option to me. I’m hesitant to take it just anywhere but I’m not sure what else to do. Has anyone experienced this before? I’m disheartened because my computer worked perfectly before I chose to update it.

Ask a Question