MacAir 2018

Reaction score
The 2018 model did not come with a mag-safe adapter, ergo, if one trips on the cord, it can end up like the one in the photos.

As a result, I purchased an ELECJET Magnetic USB C PD Adapter for MacBook Pro Air M1. However, I haven't been able to install the adapter, and therefore have never been able to use my 2018 MacAir because the first time I started it up, I managed to knock it over and bent the metal piece that went into the charging port.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get the Elecjet or any other type of device that is magnetic so if I trip the charging adapter will be whipped out of the charging port, I would be extremely grateful!

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Did you mean you bent this piece of the ELECJET adapter?

51xYrfRm-vL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

C

Reaction score
No, this is what I'm trying to use so I can be certain it won't happen again. I live in Ecuador and had to have it shipped to the UD and returned, and I haven't used it since.

Here is a photo of how the insert of the cable looked.

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpeg
    IMG_0250.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 44

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Ahh, I see, it's the actual charging cable that came with the Mac.

You can get a replacement: Apple USB-C Charge Cable (2m) and the ELECJET should work with that as long as the port on the Mac isn't damaged.

I don't have any experience with those adapters, so I don't have any recommendation there.

C

Ask a Question