Mac / windows / server vpn help!

Reaction score
I’m wondering if anyonecan assist me.
I’m looking to find a solution for my designer’s office , they are predominately a Mac house. The issue we are facing is that they are having issues when connecting into a windows server environment via vpn to access files.
Currently I’m unable to find a resilient solution for the team, this is causing the team to use dropbox as a file share tool for files such as illustrator and other images.
I was wondering if you have any solutions that you can recommend from yourselves, we are after a central location whether it be on premise server or cloud hosted etc that all our designers can store the files and be able to share upload / download etc securely, if it could also link into our on-premise windows server that would be perfect as we would have a handful of windows users accessing the same files.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Do they have an IT person?
  • Maybe they could use Adobe Creative Cloud to store/share the files?
That can be complicated to troubleshoot remotely. There are many variables in play here: Windows Server version, how the VPN is setup, if they have sharing setup and available via the VPN, mix of Windows and Macs, on-prem and remote users, etc.

C

Ask a Question