Mac Terminal scrolling adversely affected when on uses a picture as a background

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could clarify a situation for me.
I wanted to create custom profiles for the terminal application by using a picture as the background image.

Everything seemed to work fine until I noticed that there is a noticable delay when I try to scroll through the terminal output.
This problem gets significantly worse when I increase the size of the terminal window.

The pictures that I use are quite small (between 50 and 800kb) and are in .jpg format.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if yes, is there any way to rectify this situation without having to revert to the stock background?

Here are my specs:

MacBook Pro 2017
OSX Mojave
Intel I7 2,8 GHz
16 GB Ram

I have also uploaded a background photo for people to test if they so choose.

Many thanks in advance!

apple_galaxy.jpg

Reaction score
I have tried this with your jpg image and found no discernible delay ( iMac 27" (2015) Mojave,, i5 3.2GHz, 24 gb RAM . I use png files normally.

Reaction score
Hmm, ok. Maybe it has something to do with my OSX installation then. I will try to reinstall Mojave and see if that helps. Thanks :)

Ask a Question