Mac SE hard drive issue

Reaction score
Hi All, I purchased an Apple labeled IBM SCSI 350mg hard drive for my Macintosh SE.
Model DSAS-3360 P/N 84G8452. I get this error message in Lido, "Initialization failed, check
termination or Jumper settings", something like that. Now the drive has 7 jumpers on it. So
can anyone tell me, 1. Does it need termination? 2, Does anyone know how the jumpers need
to be set, Left to Right, and how many need to be covered?
Thanks in advance.
Brad Hansen

Reaction score
Hi All, Okay I covered all jumpers except 1,2,3 and Lido found the drive and identified it as "Not a Macintosh drive. The drive spun up but when I went to Format it the formatting formatting failed

Reaction score
Please ignore my last reply,, not correct. Hi All, Okay I covered all jumpers except 1,2,3 and Lido found the drive and identified it as "Not a Macintosh drive. However I was able to initialize and partition the drive and install system 6.08 on
it. But the first Volume only allowed me partition 1.3 msg, the second 33 mgs is that standard?
Thanks!
Brad Hansen

Ask a Question