Mac Pro 2013 Won't Read SD Card

JMC

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Mac Pro 2013. It doesn't have an SD card slot, so I have an external reader, a Transcend USB 3.0 reader. My Mac Pro won't read the card in the card reader plugged into a USB port. I tried purchasing a USB hub that's externally powered(not drawing power from the MAC) and now the Mac will recognize and mount the SD card but it says the files are not readable. When I plug the SD card into another Mac, my MacBook Pro, it does mount, the files are readable and I can copy them locally.

Does anyone have any experience with this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

J

Reaction score
What Mac OS are you using on your Mac Pro, and what Mac OS is being used on your MacBook Pro?

JMC

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

My MAC Pro has OS Sierra but I was also having this issue when my Mac Pro was running El Capitan as well.

My MacBook Pro is running El Capitan.

What Mac OS are you using on your Mac Pro, and what Mac OS is being used on your MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Hmm, seems strange. I'm assuming you connected the device via USB 3.0 to both of your machines. If so, maybe try another USB port on the Mac Pro?

Ask a Question