Mac OS X

Reaction score
Ver 10.4.11 my computer has been down since 2015 hi we connected to Internet I have no safari logo only appears when I bring it up. When I try to go online it says no server found this is from at 2002 G5

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Because of the age of the Mac and version of OS X, that version of Safari may have trouble connecting to secure websites (https), because the security certificates contained in Mac OS X Tiger have expired. There isn't any way to update them other than installing a newer version of OS X, which you may be at the maximum version depending on which exact G5 Mac you are using.

When Safari is running, you can click and hold on the Safari icon in the Dock and choose Options > Keep in Dock. Safari will then remain in the Dock when the application is quit.
  • What website are you trying to access?
  • Does it give the error for all websites?
C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Because of the age of the Mac and version of OS X, that version of Safari may have trouble connecting to secure websites (https), because the security certificates contained in Mac OS X Tiger have expired. There isn't any way to update them other than installing a newer version of OS X, which you may be at the maximum version depending on which exact G5 Mac you are using.

When Safari is running, you can click and hold on the Safari icon in the Dock and choose Options > Keep in Dock. Safari will then remain in the Dock when the application is quit.
  • What website are you trying to access?
  • Does it give the error for all websites?
C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory that was great information it will say server not found on Gmail on Google YouTube pretty much everything I will most likely get a 64 gig iPad thanks again

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

No worries. Yes, that is probably related to the security of the older browser unfortunately.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question