MAC OS 12.0 MONTEREY M1 UNDELETE FILES

Reaction score
tried to undelete files with S/W
stellarinfo.com
Found some files not all

*Thinking of trying terminal to lookup files, then I’ll give up
How to Recover Deleted Files on Mac 5 Proven Ways (2021)
5:55

*Should I disable TRIM 1st? They say could get in the way of recovery
TRIM is supported in OS X Lion (10.7) and later for all drives, but it's enabled by default only on Apple-supplied SSDs. ... As such, Apple chose to use TRIM only on SSDs that it has certified.Sep 11, 2020

How do I turn off TRIM on my Mac?

Open the Terminal from /Applications/Utilities. Type sudo trimforce enable and hit return or enter. Carefully read the important notice and if you still wish to proceed, hit Y. If you would like to disable TRIM, you can use the command sudo trimforce disable.

Any techs who can recover data for hire in SoCalif? Otherwise, I’ll send to a shop
(e-mail address removed)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Which files are you trying to recover?
  • Do you have a Time Machine or other backup of your data?
  • I don't recommend trying to disable TRIM support.
  • Some software recovery software tools can recover files that were deleted, but only if they are used almost immediately. If some time has passed since the deletion, those parts of the drive may have been overwritten and recovery will not be possible.
  • Data recovery by companies can be extremely expensive and results are not 100% guaranteed.
C

Ask a Question