Mac mini and Xerox printer issue

Reaction score
Hi! I recently bought a Mac mini (late 2012 edition), running OS X 10.8.6.

Everything was running smoothly (NTFS compatibility, ability to play media files, office suite etc etc) until I had to use the printer.

I have a Xerox Phaser 3160b. Several days before migrating to Mac OS I downloaded these drivers from the Xerox website, thinking there will no problems at all.

Today, I tried to print a page. A blank page was printed, with traces of ink on it. I could hear the drum spinning, meaning that it actually was working. I got worried that the printer might get broken, so I switched it off.

When trying to print using Windows 15 minutes later, there was no problem with the 3160b - worked like a charm.

To summarize - the printer is being recognized by the OS X, it does follow the Print command when clicking the Print button in Word, printing starts ... but the pages are blank with traces of the drum. I reckon it might need a specific software tweak I'm not aware of.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question