Mac Mail settings got messed up!!

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using the built-in Apple email program MACMail(?) I had it totally customized to my liking and then the OS (Catalina 10.15.6) decided to re-install itself (maybe a forced Update? )

Now, some of My customizations remain intact others did not specifically the ones where Mail knows and suggests the proper mailbox for a move operation based on Senders address. Many of these were set to an arbitrary folder which was no help at all. I've forgotten what I did to set that up in the first place, if it wasn't some kind of automatic choice based on use(?)

Can somebody please give me a clue, What if anything do I need to do to set the default move for e-mails from a specific email address

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Not sure why that would break things, but it does happen sometimes during a major upgrade.

If you go into Mail > Preferences... > Rules, you can set actions to be taken on emails, including moving them to specific mail folders based on the sender.

Let us know if that helps resolve the issue.

C

Ask a Question