mac mail server timeout

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum - have spent hours on phone with apple support and they cannot solve my issue. I get server timeout error messages on my mac mail and mail is very slow to come in and go out. Mail also quits unexpectedly. Have tried just about everything that apple support has suggested.

I get a triangle icon with an exclamation point inside it beside my Inboxes and it's slowing my mail down.

I can post a screen shot of what happens - has anybody out there had similar issues?

Reaction score

thanks. I have tried all that already. I have spent 9 months struggling with this and am on my 3rd machine because at first they thought maybe it was a faulty machine. each time I start with a clean machine so it isn't anything I am loading up or re-installing. I even changed from the new macbook (nice and small, very fast) to the macbook pro and paid more $$. Funny thing is I still have my old macbook pro (circa 2009) and everything is working on it - hard drive is slowing down so I wanted a new machine.

Apple support has had me wipe my hard disk clean and start with a fresh OSX. Didn't change anything. This problem occurs in different locations when I am travelling so it is not my wifi causing the timeout. I have also isolated my iCloud mail in mac mail and moved the go daddy accounts to outlook and my iCloud mail continued to have the problem. Apple also had me install a disk partition and try mac mail in that - no change.

Now Apple has sent me an ethernet connector and I am hard connected to internet and will try for a few days to see if this makes any difference. Not sure what they will resolve either way.

Ask a Question