Mac Mail: sender-msg mismatch

Reaction score
I have an odd problem: this happened a few weeks ago and so far as I know, it disappeared on its own. That was before an operating system upgrade, so the problem is independent of that. I'm a regular user; not an IT pro, so plain English please.

There is a mismatch between the sender/subject info and the body of mail messages. The sender and subject line make perfect sense as messages coming through today (and I have confirmed that) so no problems there. However, when I open the messages, almost all have unrelated content from January 2013. The only exception so far is notification of facebook posts from one local community board; they are showing properly.

I regularly update virus software and run it; no issues there. I can send mail with no problem.

I've not checked webmail, as I sometimes lose/cannot access messages when I do that.

This is a MacBook Pro running 10.10.2. Mail is version 8.2 (2070.6)

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I hopefully have this figured out with the help of an expert. We're purging the mac mail system (corrupted database?) and reloading from the server. I will post again if I need to ask for more guidance. Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't get back to you yet on this issue. It does sound like it may be an issue on the mail server side, since it resolves itself on its own.

Please keep us updated, so we can assist if need be.

C

Ask a Question