Mac Mail, how to export as editable data?

Reaction score
https://www.mac-help.com/t211473-ooops.html#post1514552 Hi, I am running Mac OSX Lion and screwed up my mail/addressbook synch and cant figure out what to do. Honestly I am happy to export to any editable file (excel?) in lieu of using addressbook. Right now I just need to work with my mailing list data.

Here's what I did: I carefully edited my 'Previous Recipients' file. When finished I selected all, and pushed the "add to Addressbook" synch button. All looked fine in mail, but the edits were not reflected in the actual addressbook. SO I (stupidly) erased all contacts in my addressbook hoping to do a clean import of all of my updated files, but the synch will not work...Ive tried everything. The good news is that my edited data remains in my PR file but this data is not exportable so I cannot use it. Does anyone know where I can find the actual file?

Does anyone have any ideas??

Sheesh I am doing a major mailing this week and thought that this was the easy part :confused: Many thanks!!!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Are you using Time Machine, JillianM? Or do you have iCloud up and running? These are the 2 places I'd turn to to recover lost Address Book info ...

Ask a Question