Mac Mail 12.4 - how to locate a Mailbox containing a received and 'filed' email

Reaction score
I have 30+ named Mailboxes 'nested' under my main 'Inbox', each one for a particular subject and this is my filing system which works well for me.

When I want to search for a previously received email filed 'somewhere' in one of these Mailboxes I enter the term in 'Search' (usually at the top-level 'Inbox') and will get an immediate result of exactly the email message that I am looking for - BUT I can not find the name of the Mailbox in which this email is 'filed'. Is there a way of seeing this info - or am I missing something obvious?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If you change the Search location to All, when the emails found in the search are displayed, it should show the mailbox in the upper right corner of the email just under the date:

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 10.29.34.png

Do you see that?

C

Reaction score
That's brilliant Cory!! You cannot believe how long I have searched for that detail!! Yes, now I see it to the left of the date... Thanks so much. :):)
Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 17.01.43.png

Ask a Question