Mac Login

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me?
I’ve recently moved house and when I’ve gone to login into my Mac desktop it doesn’t recognise my login details (only options available are sleep, restart, or shut down. With no way of resetting password etc)

Reaction score
Need some more information:

1, What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS do you have?

3. Do you have you Mac setup to require a password on starting up, and also after it sleeps and/or your screen saver starts? There are ways to turning each of those functions off (I just went through this with my MacBook Air, as I want to make it easier for my wife to use it on our trip to London).

4. How are you making posts here? Are you using another machine?

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me?
I’ve recently moved house and when I’ve gone to login into my Mac desktop it doesn’t recognise my login details (only options available are sleep, restart, or shut down. With no way of resetting password etc)

Maybe I am over simplifying the situation but could it be that you have, in the move:

Changed broad band supplier
or
are using another/new wi-fi hub
or
are trying to use someone else's nearby hub?

Also, does your Macbook, or someone else's, work properly on the original settings?

Ask a Question