Mac Desktop Won't update to new Software

Reaction score
Hi all,

Now I am a PC user at home (I know, boo hiss) but my boss got brought in his Mac desktop for us to use when our old one got stolen. So far it's been pretty easy working with it (Using youtube tutorials to learn stuff I was unsure of how to do on a mac) but recently I attempted to download new typefaces, which I had done on it before before. Our Winzip didn't work (bypassing the 'your trial has ended' no longer works) and trying to download a newer version was met with a message that said our system needed to be updated to meet the requirements.
I have attempted to update the Mac's software what seems like half a million times now but each time I get an error message that reads:
There was a problem installing this update.
I have closed ALL programs, restarted, shut down, unplug and replug, and a software dance to the Mac gods but nothing seems to work. What is happening? All I want is a funky typeface for my newsletters or door signage.
10.6.8 is our current setting.

If any of you could help that would be grand!

Reaction score
It sounds like the version of WinZip you downloaded needs a version of OSX that's higher than 10.6, we are up to 10.9 now.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
if you right-click the .zip file and look for "open with" … are there any other apps listed that you can select?

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes 10.6.8 (SL) is now nearly five years old, so suspect newer OS X is needed,

Ask a Question