MAC Desktop will not startup - apple sound, then gray screen and series of 3 beeps repeatedly

Reaction score
I'm not seeing the same thing you are. I don't have a list on the left in iTunes with iTune Store on it. I have a button on the right that says iTunes store. I don't understand where you say "Quicklinks Section" above. Where is that? I checked and I am on the newest version of iTunes

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Maybe your sidebar is hidden in iTunes on the iMac?

sidebar.png

The path I am describing:

iTunes Store in list on the left in iTunes
itunesstore.png

Quick Links section on right when in the iTunes Store
quicklinks.png

Purchased section of iTunes Store after clicking Purchased above
purchased.png

If you cannot see the sidebar in iTunes, click on View in the menu bar, then Show Sidebar.

C

Reaction score
OK, now we are getting somewhere. The sidebar was hidden. When I follow your steps above, I see two buttons to the right. One that says "Not in my library" and the other that says "all". It defaults to the "not in my library" button. There is one movie there, The Adjustment Bureau, which I had downloaded on the iPad (very slow process). When I click on the "all" button, all of the movies are there, but only the one movie "The Adjustment Bureau" has the cloud with the downward arrow on it. The rest just show the cover art, but no cloud or arrow. Now what?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...

It must be because it "thinks" they are in your library, because they are listed there from previously being linked to the internal drive.

You could try deleting one of the movies that have no cover art, then try re-downloading.

Click on Movies in the Library section of the sidebar
movies2.png

Right-click on one of the movies with no cover art and choose Delete, click Delete Movie, click Move to Trash. Then go back to the iTunes Store and see if it will allow you to re-download it. If not, close iTunes, relaunch it, and try again.

C

Reaction score
Yep, that seems to work. I will need to delete them one at a time and then it gives me the option to download them again. lots of work, but at least it is a solution.

Thanks again.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You should be able to hold the Option key down, then click on each one to select them all together and delete them all at once, instead of one at a time.

C

Ask a Question