Mac Book Pro - stuck in Recovery mode

Reaction score
hi

I have a Mac book Pro (early 2011) and i wanted to format it and reinstall the OS.

So i used the recovery mode to erase the drive, but when i tried reinstalling the Lion OS from the recovery tools, i got the "this item is not available" error".

So i tried creating a bootable USB and CD, but my mac only shows the"Recovery HD" in boot options.

So i m basically stuck in the recovery mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner.

You may be receiving that error for a few reasons.

-Your MBP originally came with OS X Snow Leopard. Do you still have the install discs?
-The installers are temporarily not available on Apple's servers every now and then. It usually resolves itself within a day or so.
-How did you create the bootable USB installer?

C

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I dont have the original discs. Regarding the server issue, i have been trying for the past two weeks, still the same error.

I created them on Windows using Trans mac. I downloaded the .esd file for Yosemite, and burnt it on a CD.

I can see the disc and USB in the disk utility, but it does not show up in the boot options.

Reaction score
Do you have access to another Mac (one of your own, or a friend's)? If you do, then there are a couple of ways you could go to try and resolve this issue.

Ask a Question