Mac 24 inch monitor

Reaction score
Just bought a Mac 24 inch monitor. It has only a thunderbolt video connector. Is there an interface available that will allow it to be connected to a DVI video card?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

There isn't a way to convert from DVI to Thunderbolt for a display as far as I know. If you mean the LED Cinema Display (24-inch), it has a Mini DisplayPort connection, not Thunderbolt. Although the physical connector looks the same, the signal is different. The Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter won't work, since the Mini DisplayPort connector would be male to male.

I don't remember if there was a third-party solution for this, but I don't believe so.

Sorry,

C

Reaction score
Thank you for the response - I guess I will use it as a monitor for my MacBook Pro or sell it. I was hoping to use it as a third monitor for my 2008 Mac Pro - I got another DVI video card and just found a used 24 inch HP monitor with a DVI connection off eBay for 60 bucks shipping included. I hope to use three 24 inch monitors for Plane 11 - wish me luck -

Ask a Question