lync won't work with new backup and my colors on the screen are grey and hard to tell where to click

Reaction score
help--i updated and it's a mess--I CAN'T USE LYNC WHICH IS MY WORK AND MY COLORS ON THE SCREEN ARE GREY AND DIFFICULT TO SEE WHERE TO CLICK

Reaction score
when i downloaded OS X Yosemite--the colors totally changed on my computer to a white sterile field wherein it's hard to know where to put cursor on different screens--it looks awful--I have a Mac Book Air mid 2012 and this thing as been terrible for me--the IT guy fixed the LYNC issue as he's wonderful and he showed me how to work colors to be a bit better and .. . . . it's not what I had hoped as i feel duped having to get the Yosemite because my documents were not working and it said i needed to update to yosemite from maverick

Reaction score
Hi,
There is a colour profile setting in system preferences / display, but I have never touched this in all my years using Macs.
I have just updated two MacBooks one being a 2010 model without issues, possibly there is a hardware problem starting to raise its head. Personally I would take the Mac to apple care as it seems to have suffered from the update.
I agree if you were using pages etc then you would have needed to upgrade.

Other option is to revert back to Mavericks and then use a office suit like Open Office. Regarding going back to Mavericks to save a long post have a look at this vid.

Reaction score
thank you so much i so appreciate your response! I will consider it for sure as I've been messing with the colors--interestingly you say this could be a hardware problem as this new Mac Air had to be sent back to factory for defect going completely black no power after 3 mos of use--i suspect it's not completely fixed

Reaction score
Hi terri,

You have a few options as said, but yes personally I would take it in and get checked again.
Please keep us posted.

Ask a Question