Lost Monitor display

Reaction score
I have a 24inch Imac running Snow Leopard, which was purchased in 2008. As I was working on it, the monitor display suddenly disappeared although the other monitor which I have attached did not, and if I had something on the second monitor I could still work on it. After a short while the display reappeared for a time but would eventually disappear again, sometimes it would flicker out rather than instantly. It would appear that the computer is still operating as I could pull a window across to the second monitor that happened to be bridging when the display went, and I have also managed to hook a file on the desktop with the cursor and pull it across onto the second monitor.
I would appreciate any opinion on what I am facing, be it a replacement graphics card or a replacement unit. Thank you for any help.

Reaction score
So the internal display is Failing?

Sounds like a Hardware problem, take it to an Apple Service Center near you for a Quote.

Ask a Question