Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum and hope you may be able to help.
My 2013 MacBook Pro has started to go in a constant loop when reaching the log in screen. The normal log in screen appears, but before I can enter password the screen goes black for around 1 second and the log in screen appears again. This continues over and over. Happens when logging in normally and in safe mode.
Running Ventura 14.2.1using OpenCore Legacy patcher.

I’ve tried all of the ‘Boot loop’ fixes I can find on the internet, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks
Rob

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Because your 2013 MBP doesn't officially support any version of OS X/macOS past Catalina or Big Sur, depending on the exact model, the OpenCore Legacy Patcher could be contributing to the issue. Normally, the issue you are having is contributed to a corrupt user account or OS install.

I would reach out to OpenCore Legacy Patcher support, as they have a lot of troubleshooting steps on their website, and may have the best suggestions on correcting that issue.

Sorry, but hope that helps!

C

Reaction score
Hi Rob,

It sounds like this might be an issue with OpenCore. Did you upgrade to version 1.3 prior to upgrading Ventura to 14.2.1? This is something that is required for 14.2.1 to work.

You will need to boot into Safe Mode, and then you should be able to log in. Once logged in, download the latest version of OpenCore and install it.

Ask a Question